This mansard styled Victorian house was built for Albert Gallatin in 1877. Acquired by the State of California and served
as the first official Governor's residence.
Governor George C. Pardee and his family moved in during November, 1903. It ultimately served as home for 13 governors over a span of 64 years.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 823
Plaque placed by the California Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with Sutter Parlor No. 11 N.D.G.W. and Elk Grove
Parlor No. 41 N.S.G.W., August 10, 1968.