Our Lady of the Wayside
Built in 1912 this country church was the first executed design of noted architect, Timothy L. Pflueger, who had just begun work
for James Miller. An awareness of the Spanish California missions inspired the style, which contrasts with the large commercial buildings and art
deco theaters for which Pflueger later became notable. Construction of this Catholic church was initiated by a non-denominational club, The Family.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 909
Plaque placed by the California Department of Parks and Recreation in
cooperation with the town of Portola Valley, September 4, 1977.