California Historical Landmarks in San Francisco
California Historical Landmark 89
Parrott Granite Block Site
Northwest Corner of Montgomery and California Streets
The Parrott Block was erected in 1852 by John Parrott, an importer and banker. The three-story building, built by Chinese labor, was of granite blocks brought from China. The 1906 earthquake and fire did little damage to the building, which soon thereafter reopened for business. In 1926 it was demolished to make way for the Financial Center Building.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation
We were unable to locate a commemorative marker for the Parrott Block.