2727 Pierce Street Between Vallejo and Green
When Henry Casebolt built his Italianate manor house in 1865, Pierce Street
was a country road leading through Cow Hollow to Washerwoman's Lagoon. Mr. Casebolt
was a Virginia blacksmith who had brought his wife and eleven children to San
Francisco in 1851.
Mr. Casebolt sold the residence in 1893. It remains a private residence.