Tanforan Cottage 1
214 Dolores Street Between 15th and 16th Streets
This is one of a pair of redwood cottages built by the Tanforan ranching family on land that lay within
the 1836 Mexican Grant to Francisco Guerrero. Located only half a block from Mission Dolores,
the oldest building in San Francisco, these two cottages are probably the oldest residential buildings in the Mission District.
Tanforan Cottage 1 is a private residence.