Old Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox Church
858-864 Fulton Street Between Webster and Fillmore
This building, in the German-Renaissance style, was originally an Episcopal church. In 1931, the Russian Orthodox
Church bought the building and made it the principal cathedral of the International Russian Orthodox Church.
It served in this capacity for over thirty years when it was replaced by a new and grander cathedral in the Richmond District.
This building is in the Alamo Square Historic District.