Search NoeHill   Contact NoeHill
NoeHill in San Francisco
Historic Sites and Points of Interest in San Francisco
Visit NoeHill on Facebook Visit NoeHill on Flickr Visit NoeHill on Twitter   Home    San Francisco    California    The West    The World

San Francisco Landmarks

San Francisco Landmark #89: Engine Company No. 21
3 June 2003
San Francisco Landmark #89: Engine Company No. 21 28 May 2008
(Click Photos to Zoom)
San Francisco Landmark #89
Engine Company No. 21
1152 Oak Street Between Divisadero and Broderick
Built 1893

The firehouse was designed by Henrikson & Mahoney and built by R. Doyle & Sons in 1893. Henrikson & Mahoney designed two similar firehouses, one on Washington Street which is San Francisco Landmark 93 and one at 2545 Folsom Street which was razed.

The old firehouse was retired fom active duty after about seventy years of service, but it is still owned by the San Francisco Fire Department.

Two other city landmarks stand directly across Oak Street, the Phelps House and the Mish House.

Vintage San Francisco Firehouses

GuardiansofTheCity.org is the definitive Web guide to San Francisco firehouses, both vintage and modern.

Map of vintage firehouses in San Francisco.

Previous San Francisco Landmark | Next San Francisco Landmark
Map of Locally Designated San Francisco Landmarks